Beaver Works Middle School Programs
BW Middle School Programs
*We will not be offering Middle School Programs in 2023 at this time.*
Please Contact us if interested in using the content for your own program!
- RACECAR 1 is for students who have not had a chance to learn robotics or programming
- RACECAR 2 requires RACECAR 1
- We are working on a Python programming course to help students build their own machine learning applications.
- We are also creating a course in Designing for Assistive Technology! It will takes students through the design and prototyping process, prototyping a solution to help someone with a disability.
- 2023 Summer Program details
- We will have addtional and expanded programs, Mini-RACECAR 1 and (Advanced) Mini-RACECAR 2.
- It will be 4 weeks starting the Monday after the July 4th weekend, Monday-Friday 9am - 3:30pm, and will include Saturday & Sunday on Final Event weekend.
- Students are provided lunches.
- Online courses are not required
- Mini-RACECAR 1 and Designing for Assistive Tech do not need prior experience, laptops and supplies are provided for in-class use
- Mini-RACECAR 2 requires prior participation in Mini-RACECAR 1, either in summer or in school year program
- Teacher recommendation and student essay will be part of enrollment application (to be released in April)
- Cost- FREE, there is no cost for students to participate in this course. Support for this comes from the generous sponsors of Beaver Works, including MIT and Lincoln Laboratory.
- School year programs
- We are partnering with the Eliot, Fessenden, Pioneer Charter Middle Schools and Madison Park Technical Vocational High School to run their own programs with this material
- Contact us if your school is interested in using this curriculum as an enrichment or in-school program