Beaver Works Middle School Programs
BW Middle School Programs
We are pleased to announce Beaver Works has engineering programs for middle school students
- Note: This is NOT a residential program, but intended for Boston-area students
- RACECAR 1 is for students who have not had a chance to learn robotics or programming
- RACECAR 2 requires RACECAR 1
- Additional courses in Designing for Assistive Technology and programming a Cognitive Assistant will be announced soon!
- Summer Program details
- 2020 will be similar to 2019 with addtional and expanded programs, Mini-RACECAR 1 and (Advanced) Mini-RACECAR 2.
- Available to local students, it is not a residential program (housing is not provided).
- It will be July 7- Aug 2; Monday-Friday 9am - 3:30pm, and will include Saturday & Sunday on Final Event weekend.
- Students are provided lunches.
- Online courses are not required
- Mini-RACECAR 1 does not need prior programming experience, laptops are provided for in-class use
- Mini-RACECAR 2 requires prior participation in Mini-RACECAR 1, either in summer or in school year program
- Teacher recommendation and student essay will be part of enrollment application (to be released in March)
- Cost- FREE, there is no cost for students to participate in this course. Support for this comes from the generous sponsors of Beaver Works, including MIT and Lincoln Laboratory.
- School year programs
- Dates TBD, Saturday program for students in spring as introduction to Mini-RACECAR 1 and 2
- We are partnering with the Eliot, Fessenden, Pioneer Charter Middle Schools to run their own programs with this material
- Contact us if your school is interested in using this curriculum as an enrichment or in-school program